I’m turning 26 in less than a month and it got me thinking about a lot of things. They say that twenties are the prime years of our lives. The years we really live or should live. I’m not sure what they mean by that yet, but I guess I will eventually figure it out. Someone very close to me once said, that we should never forget or give up our dreams; and that we should always work towards achieving/fulfilling them – even if they seem impossible at that moment. So, I figured that even though I have already completed (wasted?) half of my prime years by not doing much, why not at least start thinking about what I would want to do in the other half. I really believe that everyone should experience/try everything at least once in their lifetime. Having said that, I thought it was time I came up with my very own Bucket List.
Now we all know how much I love making random lists. Well, you can’t blame me! Lists are a great way to quickly and efficiently convey a lot of interesting information in a non-boring way! I’ve written loads of them, and I am unashamed (well, unapologetic) about it!
This ‘Bucket List’ of mine would contain a string of things that I would want to do/try/experience at least once in my lifetime. Yes. Because, last I heard, no one lives forever. There is no particular checklist here. Nothing on this list is that automatic. The essence of any good bucket list consists of overcoming fears, achieving goals, realizing dreams or even experiencing simple pleasures. Every element mentioned in my list is a matter of choices I would want to make, the chances I would want to take, the desires I would want to fulfillthe fears I would want to conquer! Although, speaking of fears – I don’t think I would try bungee jumping or sky diving EVER. Somehow I doubt I would ever willingly fall off a cliff/plane/bridge or even a crane in a mall parking lot – just to get an adrenaline rush. Nope. There are other ways to get that feeling. Just not this. But who knows, I might change my mind some time later in life. Will cross (fall off) that bridge when I get to it!
Now, coming back to my bucket… For me, writing this list was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Some of them are really random, but obviously – when they are a part of my personal bucket list, they ought to be!
So, without further ado, to mark my 26th Birthday, below are 26 things I would really want to strike off my bucket list at the earliest possible time!
- Travel the World (Well, at least most parts of it).
- Go on a cruise and wake up in a new country or city each morning!
- Visit the Dead Sea in Jordan (I have always been so intrigued by it!)
- Attend a Huge Concert of any of my favorite artists/bands. (June 2017)
- Visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! (June 2016)
- Visit Serendipity in New York! (Mar 2016)
- Learn Driving and be damn good at it! (Jan 2014)
- See at least ONE of my favorite songs being performed live! (June 2017)
- Go White Water Rafting. (July 2010)
- Watch an exciting Cricket match IN THE stadium! (Apr 2012)
- Have my own, personal library at home.
- Go skiing! (June 2015)
- Try Ice skating! (Dec 2016)
- Stay in a tree house! (Oct 2013)
- Watch the ball drop at Times Square on New Year’s Eve.
- Go on a really, really long vacation, without having the timeline to go back to work or routine life. May be a road trip in Europe or the Himalayas!
- Go on a hot air balloon ride.
- Get over my fears and perform on stage in front of a huge audience! (July 2012)
- Learn to play an instrument.
- Master a new language.
- Get over my fears and try scuba diving/ snorkeling/ deep sea diving.
- Learn swimming.
- Get a tattoo. May be a teeny tiny cute one?
- Watch a movie in a Drive-in theater (Don’t know if that’s even possible now. But, what the hell!)
That’s pretty much it… There are so many more things I want to see and experience but as of now these are the 26 things on top of my current Bucket List!
So… What’s in your Bucket?
So… What’s in your Bucket?