There really is something about a new year that makes you want everything to be new and fresh. I have always been a little apprehensive about changing anything on this blog. But I finally made up my mind and decided to give it a makeover. Trust me, it was time!
I have an exciting little list today. To get away from the dubiousness that’s surrounding me at the moment, I thought I should direct my focus towards the good things that pull me out of the dumps whenever required and make me happy. You may already know some of them if you read this blog regularly (thumbs up to you ), but if you don’t, then you’re welcome to join; it’s not an exclusive club. My previous posts written on similar lines can be read here and here. Also, whenever any of you are feeling blue, try some (or all) of the things in the below list and I assure you, you’ll feel a lot better. Anyway, I digress. This is my happy list, in no particular order:
– Music: I always have music playing, well almost always. It makes me ridiculously happy. It’s so great when life has a soundtrack and you can associate music with a time, place or person.
– Family and Friends: Well, my friends and family get placed together because my best friends are a whole new kind of family for me. I’m so happy when I talk to my parents or brother or friends who just understand me (well, most times).
– Shopping: They don’t say ‘Retail therapy is the best therapy’ for nothing! 😛
– Sleep and Sleeping in: Lord. This is such a beautiful thing. I hardly ever get to sleep in. The idea of just lying in bed long after the alarm’s gone off is pure bliss! 🙂
– Reading and Writing: Whenever I’m having a bad day, I escape from reality by traveling into the world of words and stories.
– Beautiful Pictures: I love pictures! Of people, of nature, of fashion, of food! All good photos of good things. I also like love to take pictures and have my picture taken too. God bless good photographers!
– Milkshakes, frozen yogurt and ice cream: Need I say more?
– Sunshine: Makes my day. Enough said.
– Fun gatherings with lots of food, music and chitter chatter.
– When someone tells me how much they love my blog: You have no idea how much this makes my day! It’s a greater part of the reason why I write. I try to inspire self improvement and happiness. So thank you for acknowledging my writing.
What makes you happy? I’d love to know. Keep doing good things that make you happy and keep smiling! 🙂
Until next time…